Friday, 1 April 2011

Exciting Week

Anyone who knows about our house in England, knows how cold and miserable it can be here. My aunt told me before we moved to the UK, that England was a "very different kind of cold"...she is SO right! While we really like our actual home and have great neighbors, it is well beyond expensive to heat the house, even to a "warm" 62 degrees.
Jason and I actually placed our name on the base housing list when we first arrived in England, but were basically told that we wouldn't receive housing on the base because we did not have any children. We kept our name on the list anyway, hoping that something would open up at some point during our stay. Since finding out that we were pregnant, it has been a very real concern of mine as to how we would deal with having to heat our house basically all year round after the baby was born. Monday evening, I really committed to praying about our desire to live on base. The very next afternoon I had a voicemail that the base housing representative was looking for Jason. Wondering why she would be trying to get a hold of Jason, I contacted her right away. Amazingly, she offered us a 3 bedroom home in the new housing development on base! I was in total shock, and absolutely in awe of God's blessings on our family. He is truly a God who hears and answers prayer! Pictures to come...

In other news, I'm now 13wks pregnant. Here is what baby is up to: Fingerprints are forming on baby's tiny fingers; veins and organs are clearly visible through his/her thin skin. Baby is about the size of a medium shrimp and weights approx. 1 ounce :)



No comments:

Post a Comment