After a hectic week at work, I'm spending the weekend packing and cleaning for our move into the NEW house! Because I'm slightly OCD and genuinely don't like the idea of strange people touching my stuff, I've been trying to pack and prepare several boxes and suitcases to move on my own. The only problem with that...I'm not supposed to lift any heavy objects. Either way, I've packed probably two large car loads to transport on my own. Hopefully it wont be too much of a hastle, and friends/co-workers have been very kind in offering their help.
As an added bonus, Monday is a work holiday so that gives me extra time to prepare. Wednesday is a very packed day: Premove survey, New House Inspection and Key pick-up, Loaner furniture pick-up from the old house, and Window/Couch removal (our American couches are too big to fit through our British doors so they have to go out the front window). After all of this, I hope to take a load of stuff to the new house to clear some space for the movers/packers who are arriving at 7am on Friday morning.
More big news for the week...one week from tomorrow (May 8th), we will find out the sex of our little Peanut! Jason and I decided to go ahead with the offbase gender scan rather than wait until after my return from the States at 23/24weeks. Since Jason is not able to be here, a friend of mine will accompany me and keep the secret until I can share the news with Jason over skype. I am obviously very excited, but also a little scared because this is such a huge moment in our lives and our future as a growing family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment