So this week was quite busy. Wednesday I had several people out to the old house for various moving inspections and TMO furniture pick-up. The couch removal went well, thanks to a few guys from Jason's work. They had no problem getting our "over stuffed" leather sofa and loveseat out the front window into the garage for its two day storage until the movers arrived on Friday. After everyone left, I took 3 car loads of stuff over to the new house on my own. I also did some initial cleaning of the bathrooms and kitchen. Thankfully, the house was pretty clean to begin with...newly vacuumed floors and freshly painted walls.
Friday was the actual "moving day" and everything went very smoothly. The two gentleman in charge of the move were very kind and helpful. They had all of our items packed and loaded into the truck in less than 3 hrs! They didn't pack my tupperware bins and other large items into separate boxes since we were only going a few miles down the road. Everything arrived at the new house without a problem and there were only a few tiny nicks in our bedroom furniture, but nothing that I plan to file a claim or complaint about (very minor issue for a military move!). I was very pleased with both of the guys work ethic and willingness to help me with a few personal items that I tried to move myself but were too heavy for my pregnant self to lift. Now just the task of organization...
Today was a big day in our lives since today was the baby's gender scan. I'm sure you all would love to know whether the baby is a boy or girl...BUT you will have to wait. Since Jason obviously could not attend, I will be skyping with him in a few minutes to give him the exciting news. Stay tuned....results to come!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment