Sunday, 31 July 2011

Name and Nursery

So, Jason and I are almost certain that we have come up with a name for Baby Peanut. We've been playing with our "top 3" for several weeks and now believe that we have settled on our son's official name. Jason has been confident for awhile, but its been more of a fluid issue for me. The realization that we are responsible for how this child will be identified for the rest of his life weighs very heavy on my mind. Before getting pregnant, I thought that picking a name for my future child would be one of the highlights of pregnancy. This has not been the case for me at all. I find the task very stressful and overwhelming. I'm constantly thinking, "Is this right? Will this name serve him well? Is there something better?" Its quite a lot to take in. But at the end of the day, we know that this little guy will be so loved by his parents and extended family....This is something that we can both be confident in 100% of the time.
With that being said, Jason and I have decided to keep the baby's name a secret until he is born. This serves two purposes: 1) Limit negative feedback during the last few months of pregnancy and 2) Add an element of surprise and spice to our son's big entrance :)
Our finished nursery below: "Cars and Animals". This a compromise for Mommy and Daddy. (see more pics on my facebook page).

No comments:

Post a Comment