The past week and a half, we have transitioned Kaden into his crib in his own room. He did great the first few nights, as long as he is swaddled, I don't think that he noticed a difference. Mommy, however, had a much more difficult time with the transition. The first night, I think I checked on him at least 10-12 times. We had the baby monitor on, so every noise he made, I was convinced that he was choking or upset. After about a week of this, Jason and I decided to invest in a video monitor so that I can just roll over and look at him through the screen in our room without having to get up due to nervous energy :) Even though I hated to 'give-in' to the price of new technology, it really has been so reassuring and I sleep much better with Kaden in his own room. Now, I just have to get confident enough to turn the volume down off of MAX!
Thanks to Kaden's cousins Kynnleigh and Charlie, Kaden celebrated his first Thanksgiving in style with his own turkey t-shirt. He is just so super cute in it too! Mommy and Daddy also put him in jeans for the first time to go to Daddy's squadron Thanksgiving dinner. He did really well in his Bjorn while Mom and Dad visited and ate some yummy foods. On Saturday, we had our own Thanksgiving meal here at the house, which was nice to just relax as a family. The four day weekend with Jason home was a really wonderful blessing. Even though we are sad that we can not spend the holiday season with family back home, we truly have so much to be thankful for this year!
Kaden-6wks old
No comments:
Post a Comment