Friday, 3 June 2011

Shower and America

My apologies for the delay since my last post. But obviously if you've been following our blog, you've realized that I am currently back in America :) Unless you've ever lived overseas for long periods of time, its difficult to explain the emotional response and mental relief of "coming home". There is just something about our great nation, Jason and I are so blessed to call this country our true home. Its certainly a great adventure to travel around the world with the Air Force, but there is no other place like the USA.

May 29th was my baby shower for me and Peanut. My mom's close friend, Miss Rosie, did an amazing job decorating and preparing all the details. Cindy, Auntie Barbara, Auntie Brooke, and Grammy (my mom) also helped. We had a wonderful time talking and opening gifts from friends and family. Jason, Peanut, and I are so thankful to everyone for their generous contributions to our growing family. We are very blessed! It was especially nice to spend a few days with my friend Lauren, and some of Jason's family drove from Alabama to help us celebrate this special day.



Since the shower, Grammy and I have been emptying out every baby store within a one hour radius of my parents house. We were so fortunate to find a car seat/stroller, pack n' play, changing table, and LOTS of baby BOY clothes and blankets for Peanut. Its definitely been quite overwhelming to gather so many items in only one weeks time, but I feel like we have been very successful in all of our efforts. Now, to add in the shipping cost back to England...


Either way, I'm more than happy to pay the shipping fees because Mom and I looked long and hard for items that I felt would work best for our family. Since Jason and I will be in England for approximately another 1.5yrs and our little man will only be about 1yr old during the move, it was important to us to have items that will last and be useful upon our return to America.


Pictures don't demonstrate well, but my belly seems to be growing exponentially since landing in the US. I'm not sure if Peanut's having a growth spurt or if I'm just taking too much advantage of all the food options that America has to offer :)




No comments:

Post a Comment