Wednesday, 16 March 2011

From the Beginning

February 1st 2011:
Jason and I had both been to the doctor for check-ups, and Jason's labs came back perfectly. I had a late afternoon appointment, so my lab work had not resulted by the time I left work that evening. But as I was leaving the base, I received a VERY unexpected phone call from the doctor saying that my Pregnancy test came back POSITIVE! I was so shocked and overwhelmed that I had to quickly pull the car into a parking lot to wrap my head around the amazing news that I had just received.
Before leaving base, I decided that I would grab a little gift from the BX to help break the news to Jason when he got home from work. As confirmation for both of us, I also took a home pregnancy test before Jason arrived. All this time, we knew that Jason would be deploying in 2 weeks, so I had already given him one early birthday present the night before. Somehow, I was able to make it through dinner without saying a word and then very enthusiastically offered him another "early birthday gift". This is what followed...







1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys! I know you're going to be great parents. Ken and I will be here if you need anything along the way.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete