Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Mommy and Me

As of this week, I am officially a stay-at-home mom. I had planned to return to work two weeks ago but due to limited space and miscommunication with the childcare office, we were unable to secure daycare for Kaden in time for me to maintain my contract with the hospital. While I am very sad and frustrated by the whole situation, I am doing my best to trust that God has a greater plan. Kaden and I are learning about each other every day, but the transition at home has been difficult. Its been a struggle for me to watch Jason leave for work in the morning while I stay behind.
Being a mom is certainly work in itself, and I enjoy spending time with Kaden at home. However, I was really hoping to continue working for awhile longer at the hospital. Working outside the home gives me a sense of structure and routine, something Kaden and I are still sorting through. He is doing better, but I think my Type-A 'planner' personality finds it troubling to not have a set schedule each day. Intellectually, I am aware that this is something that I'm going to have to get over, at least for now. I will certainly miss my great co-workers, but am happy to have these moments with my growing baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment