This month, we have begun the transition from exclusive breastfeeding to formula feeding. As Kaden approaches his 6 month birthday, I felt it was time for both of us to make this change. I am so grateful that a strong nursing relationship came easily for both myself and Kaden. Breastfeeding is such a wonderful bond between a mother and her child, not to mention the health and financial benefits. It was always my hope to breastfeed for at least 4 months so making it to 6 months has been quite a blessing.
Thankfully, Kaden is not a comfort nurser. Though the switch to formula has not been easy. We are introducing the bottle slowly, replacing one feed per day each week. Because formula sustains little bellies for longer periods of time, this has also disrupted our nap routine a bit, which contributes to fatigue and frustration on Baby's part. It is so difficult for Mommy to see Kaden struggle and get upset when he wants to nurse, but I truly feel like this is the best step forward for his development in the coming months. This transition is certainly a work in progress, but I pray that Kaden will settle into our new routine.
In similar news, we also introduced Rice cereal this week. Kaden has been practicing with his spoon for the last few days so Mommy felt that he was ready to try "Big Boy Food". Our first attempt was not too successful, but he is getting better and better :) Sweet growing boy, we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment