So after being admitted to L&D, the doctor came in to explain that they were going to augment my labor with Pitocin since I was still only contracting about every 6mins. The nurse started pitocin around 8pm and my contractions began to increase in frequency and discomfort. I labored until around 1am, when I requested my epidural. I knew from the start that I would utilize an epidural for pain control, but was not wanting to get it too early. Upon my exam, I was 4-5cm/100% effaced/0 station. The anesthesiologist placed my epidural, but it did not work so she tried a second time. The second attempt numbed my legs but did not alleviate any of the contraction pain in my abdomen or lower back. After an hour of waiting, there was still no change in my pain level.
I continued to labor, trying to breath through my contractions as best I could. Jason sat beside me and did his best to be encouraging. A third attempt was made by the anesthesiologist to get my pain under control, but there was still no relief. I was so exhausted from the pain and lack of sleep, I wasn't sure how much longer I could last through the contractions. After throwing up, the nurse decided to check me to see if I had made any further progress. As it turns out, the baby had already made his way through the birth canal and his head was visible on exam. Jason and I were totally shocked! The staff prepped for delivery and I began to push. Fifteen minutes later, Kaden William Loveless was born! He arrived at 0600 on October 7th, weighing 6lb 12oz and measuring 19.4in long. He is absolutely beautiful and we feel truly blessed to have him here with us!!
So proud of you! Kaden is precious and we adore you guys. Hope you are having a blessed week. Please know I am always here for you, praying that things are going well. Love to you all and that sweet Peanut!
ReplyDelete