Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Third Base

This week has been exceptionally difficult for me. While I usually handle Jason's absence with normal "ease", being almost 9months pregnant has added a different twist to things. My emotions are all over the map and I worry about most everything these days. I know in my head that the root of my anxiety is Jason being gone so close to our baby's birth, and yet I find it hard to think about anything else. While I missed him during the first 6months of pregnancy, his absence did not weigh as heavily or hold a potential consequence with regards to our little one's arrival.
Jason is doing well. He and his crew arrived safely at their location and are working steadily on daily operations. He is keeping up with school and confident that his replacement will arrive as soon as possible.
I am so thankful for the love and support of those around me and those encouraging me from afar, but the journey is still difficult. I hope and pray for the day of Jason's return...sooner rather than later...and for the reassurance his presence at home will bring to my mind.
Thursday, I will be 36wks pregnant. I will sign all the necessary consents for delivery at my doctors appt as this is the final month of my pregnancy. For my Dad (and other baseball fans), I'm rounding 3rd base and heading for home!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to for Peanut's arrival! I feel as though I am waiting for Emory all over again. Peanut is a tough little guy, because he has strong parents. Sarah, you are doing amazing! I am so proud of you and the person you are and always have been. I admire your strength and giving heart. You love and you love big. I am praying specifically that Jason will be at your side long before Peanut's arrival and I KNOW and feel in my heart he will. Your anxieties are completely normal and perfectly understandable. Goodness knows, I worried over silly stuff and was in constant conversation with the Lord for peace.

    Hope this makes you laugh, my prayers sounded like this:

    (From Tina Fey's Prayer for her Daughter)

    Lord guide her, protect her when crossing the street, stepping onto boats, swimming in the ocean, swimming in pools, walking near pools, standing on the subway platform, crossing 86th Street, stepping off of boats, using mall restrooms, getting on and off escalators, driving on country roads while arguing, leaning on large windows, walking in parking lots, riding Ferris wheels, roller-coasters, log flumes, or anything called “Hell Drop,” “Tower of Torture,” or “The Death Spiral Rock ‘N Zero G Roll featuring Aerosmith,” and standing on any kind of balcony ever, anywhere, at any age.

    Good job mama. You are doing your best and that is all you can do! At the end of the day, Peanut is going to be incredibly loved and such a blessed little guy!

    Wish I was there to give you a big ole hug. I am always here for you. Always.

    Love you bunches. :)

    ReplyDelete